[mythtv-users] Adding non-nuv files or downloaded files to the recordings screen

Geoff Scott geoff.scott.mail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 17:34:06 UTC 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:05:28 -0700, Geoff Scott wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 13:39:00 -0700, g0thic.69 wrote:
> > I've searched high and low in this archive for about a week now, and
> > am still unable to figure out how to add pre-downloaded programs and
> > shows to the recordings window?!?!
> >
> > Does anyone out there have any suggestions?  or even a link of an example?
> >
> > Sorry if this has been posted to the list lots in old posts, but the
> > help would still be apreciated.
> >

> I would just like to add my vote for something like this.  I have some
> very old shows, like "Victory at Sea" and "World at War" that I'd like
> to have in the Recordings list so that they would be categorized under
> a show heading, instead of 15 different Videos to browse through in
> MythVideo.
>
> Geoff

I've done some looking around and found this thread

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/62533?nohighlight=1#62533

I'm thinking of renaming the files I want to show up in the recordings
windows with the myth convention (as the thread above suggests) and
running the "myth.rebuilddatabase.pl" script found in the contrib
folder in Myth (my location: /usr/share/mythtv-0.15.1/contrib/ (Yes,
I'm still running 0.15.1.  If it ain't broke...))

I'll probably back up my database first using the directions in the
myth docs in case I blow something up.

Anyone do this?  Experiences?  Suggestions?

Geoff