[mythtv-users] Out of the box

Gerard Schlundt gerard.schlundt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 22:18:13 UTC 2004

David, you were right...your web site was ULTIMATELY helpful.   I got
a bare bones machine set up and running in about 6 hours.  Most of
that waiting on apt-get to finish its downloads.

I'm an AIX guy...not linux...is there a way to save apt-get RPM's to a
directory.  I >hate< having to have an external dependancy.  That is
to say if in 2 years I decide to rebuild, or have to rebuild my
machine and the web site or development has ceased, I can at least get
back to an OLD file set.  I would stink to find myself unable to go
through the automated processes that worked so well.

I posted a few more questions a few minutes ago...maybe you can
quickly answer them.  I want to turn off lights when I start a DVD or
stored movie, then have the lights come back on when I stop playing or
the movie ends...I know how to do this from the command line using X10
controls...how can I make myth call these scripts?

How about IR controlling of my external dish-network receiver?  I
assume I need an IR blaster.  Any suggestions?

I assume the Hauppage PVR-250 will allow me to control myth using the
remote that comes with the PVR card....