[mythtv-users] FW: Unichrome - Epia - De-flicker - Color OSD etc

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Wed Oct 27 21:47:16 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 27 Oct 2004 11:19, Steve Hayles (diverse) wrote:

> There is some logic in via_mode.c which appears to turn the filter on or
> off based on reading another register ???
>
> How can I be sure that the flicker filter is turned off ?

If you don't set or change anything, then the flicker filter is off. You now
need to explicitly turn it on.
For the best display quality you'll want to be using a video mode that matches
the TV out resolution i.e. 720x576 for PAL.

> I have also tried to apply the color OSD patch, but I get lots of rejects,
> and the patch fails to apply cleanly.  I am guessing that this is just that
> the CVS tree has change a little in recent days since the EPIA osd patch ?
>
> Is there any easy way around this, or should I go back to CVS at the time
> the EPIA OSD patch was issued ?

Don't bother going back to an old CVS, wait for a new patch. I'm sure it won't
be long. :-)

--
Ivor Hewitt.
http://www.ivor.it - tech | http://www.ivor.org - hedge