[mythtv-users] Price of FX 5200 cards

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Wed Oct 27 17:03:46 UTC 2004

You guys have helped me with several previous questions, perhaps you
can shed some light on this one.

The Nvidia Fx5200 chip set has been recommended by several of you
on this list.  OK, Ive been looking at prices, and am as confused as
ever.

Perhaps the the best example of my confusion (Ive seen better prices)
comes from the web page of a local computer shop.  They advertise
3 diferent FX5200 cards, viz

 MSI:  Geforcefx 5200,             128MB DDR, 8x/4x/2x AGP, TV-out, DVI  $85
 PINE: XFX Geforcefx 5200,         256MB DDR, 8x/4x/2x AGP, TV-out, DVI $115
 PNY:  Verto Geforcefx 5200 Ultra, 128MB DDR, 8x/4x/2x AGP, TV-out, DVI $170

Now the 2nd one has twice the memory as the 1st (is this of any use with
MythTV?) so I can see it costing a bit more, but what about the 3rd which
costs twice the first???  What could it have that would cause it to cost
twice the price of the first card (other than the fact that I have heard
of PNY?).

Confused.

--
                                        Reg.Clemens