[mythtv-users] lirc: pre7 vs pre8: a downgrade myth? (was: Lirc - could not open /dev/lirc)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Oct 27 10:37:21 UTC 2004

(Ccing the lirc list)

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 12:39:54AM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> Unfortunately, I have no suggestions for the OP, short of backing off to
> lircd-0.7.0pre7, since lots of folks seem to have had problems with pre8, but
> I would certainly like to clear a few things up here...

Well, I've brought that up on the lirc list, but there seem to be no
critical changes from pre7 to pre8.

	 http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5735136&forum_id=5339
	 http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=5765001&forum_id=5339

Everyone with issues in pre7 vs pre8 should really check the
differences in behaviour and report to the lirc list before pre8
becomes final.

lirc developers assume the downgrade-fix is a Placebo effect and that
the problems some people reported vanished due to other factors, so
please down- and upgrade a couple of times to verify of falsify
this. And please report to the lirc list, having the lirc developers
hunt the bugs on other lists is not nice.

Report on successful usage of pre8 are just as welcome (please detail
distribution, package vs self-compiled and used hardware/driver). If
you suspect a packaging bug, please rebuild lirc from source.

Thanks!