[mythtv-users] Lirc - could not open /dev/lirc

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Wed Oct 27 07:49:38 UTC 2004

On Monday 25 October 2004 18:45, Brian Donaldson wrote:
[...]
> In a previous post someone suggested going back to Lirc 0.7.0pre7, but
> unfortunately I'm not sure the best route to do that.  If that is the
> answer can someone give me some tips on how to revert back?

Not sure if you ever got the tip on how to do this or not, so here goes...

First, start off with an apt-get update, so your local metadata reflects the
reality of what packages are out there. Next, fire off the command "apt-cache
policy lirc". This should return some info similar to this:

$ apt-cache policy lirc
lirc:
  Installed: 0.7.0-38_pre7.rhfc1.at
  Candidate: 0.7.0-41_pre8.rhfc1.at
  Version Table:
     0.7.0-41_pre8.rhfc1.at 0
        996 http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing pkglist
     0.7.0-40_pre8.rhfc1.at 0
        996 http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing pkglist
     0.7.0-38_pre7.rhfc1.at 0
        996 http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/1/en/i386/at-testing pkglist

Judging from this output, what you want is:

apt-get install lirc=0.7.0-38_pre7.rhfc1.at

You'll need to do something similar for lirc-lib and
kernel-module-lirc-`uname-r` I believe.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com