[mythtv-users] Re: X runs at 90-95%CPU

Alan Anderson andersonas at adelphia.net
Wed Oct 27 02:38:34 UTC 2004

The replacement memory came in  it also failed the memory diagnostic.  So I
shipped the 7N1F2 back for a replacement.

One thing I noticed.  If you use a agp video card with DDR400 memory with a
XP3200+ cpu and run the FSB at 200MHZ then the memory is clocked at 200MHZ.
  If you pull the video card and use the onboard video then the FSB is
still 200MHZ but the memory is automatically underclocked at 166MHZ.  My
guess is that was why the original memory passed the builders test.  At
166MHZ it was ok at 200MHZ it wouldnt even pass the extended power up bios
test.

In any case when the mother board is returned I'll start over with mythtv
under FC2.  Hopefully the nvideo chipset and the PVR-250-MCE tuner will be
fully supported.  I'll pop in the HDTV tuner card along with it.  Al this
is assuming I can get this combo to pass the memtest86+ diagnostic.

The existing FC1 setup is clicking right along.

Thanks for all the advice.