AW: [mythtv-users] Hardware for Best TV-Out?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 26 06:20:09 UTC 2004

Cory,

With such a converter, are you able to pass what I
call the "CNN test"?  That is, tune to CNN (or some
other channel with a scrolling ticker), and the ticker
is completely jitter free (as on a real TV)?

Also, what kind of settings do you use for X?  Do you
run at a "standard" mode of 640x480 or 800x600. or do
you have to run at a different mode that might not
play nicely with the MythTV GUI (for example on the
PVR-350 output, which is 720x480, the GUI has to be
resized, and overscan applied to the OSD, which has
it's own set of problems).

-- Joe