[mythtv-users] Questions about IVTV / Avermedia M179

johnny at fishcounts.com johnny at fishcounts.com
Mon Oct 25 22:36:43 UTC 2004

I remember looking through the archives about people saying the quality of
their recordings starts to degrade after time. Some people gave the solution
to change the input by the method of:

test_ioctl -d /dev/video0 -p 1
sleep 5
test_ioctl -d /dev/video0 -p 4 (or whichever you use)

And this has not worked for me. Someone mentioned it may be a grounding
problem so I double checked the ground for the cable line running to my
mythtv box. Did that person mean grounding problem on the cable itself or
grounding on the card? Was there ever a solid answer to what is causing
these issues?  Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but I
couldn't find an answer searching the archives. Thanks...

  _____

Johnny Lee

Email:  <mailto:wpcprez at gmail.com> wpcprez at gmail.com