[mythtv-users] Astra 28.2 Nova-S UK
test at cambro.net
test at cambro.net
Sat Oct 23 05:24:57 UTC 2004
I'm trying to get a Nova-S working in Myth to tune into the FTA BBC channels here in the UK. Here is a breakdown of what's happening. All I really need is a small SQL dump from someone using the same Astra 28.2 satellite.
Ok, ran scan giving it the following using the following tuning data:
# Astra 28.2E SDT info service transponder
# freq pol sr fec
S 10773000 H 22000000 5
It produced a channels.conf with lots of channels, for example:
BBC 1 London:10773:h:0:22000:2304:2306:6301
Now I used szap to tune to the channel:
root at mythtv:/home/mythtv/linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0/util/szap # ./szap "BBC 1 London" -a 2
reading channels from file '/root/.szap/channels.conf'
zapping to 5 'BBC 1 London':
sat 0, frequency = 10773 MHz H, symbolrate 22000000, vpid = 0x0900, apid = 0x0902
using '/dev/dvb/adapter2/frontend0' and '/dev/dvb/adapter2/demux0'
status 1f | signal b177 | snr df14 | ber 0000ff00 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
status 1f | signal b2bd | snr df83 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
status 1f | signal b2be | snr df4d | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
status 1f | signal b2af | snr de87 | ber 00000000 | unc 00000000 | FE_HAS_LOCK
All looks good so far, but I don't know what exact tuning data to put in MythTV
I think all the relevant frequencies are in dvb_channel, dvb_pids & dvb_sat. Here are the relevant entries for the BBC1 channel:
INSERT INTO dvb_channel (chanid, serviceid, networkid, providerid, transportid, frequency, inversion, symbolrate, fec, polarity, satid, modulation, bandwidth, lp_code_rate, transmission_mode, guard_interval, hierarchy, pmtcache) VALUES (2000,6301,6301,6301,6301,10773000,'a',22000000,'auto','h',1,'auto','a','auto','a','auto','a',NULL);
INSERT INTO dvb_pids (chanid, pid, type, lang) VALUES (2000,2304,'v','');
INSERT INTO dvb_pids (chanid, pid, type, lang) VALUES (2000,2306,'a','');
INSERT INTO dvb_sat (satid, cardid, pos, name, diseqc_type, diseqc_port, diseqc_pos, lnb_lof_switch, lnb_lof_hi, lnb_lof_lo) VALUES (1,3,28.2,'Astra 2D',0,0,0,11700000,10600000,9750000);
But sadly the backend doesn't manage to tune to the channel:
2004-10-23 06:18:17 DVB#2 Using DVB card 2, with frontend STV0299/TSA5059/SL1935 based.
2004-10-23 06:18:21 DVB#2 WARNING - Status: NO LOCK!
2004-10-23 06:18:21 DVB#2 WARNING - Status: CARRIER | NO LOCK!
2004-10-23 06:18:21 DVB#2 WARNING - Status: SIGNAL | NO LOCK!
2004-10-23 06:18:26 DVB#2 ERROR - Poll timed out too many times, bailing.
2004-10-23 06:18:26 DVB#2 ERROR - Tuning for channel #25 failed.
I'm pretty sure that I've got the stuff in dvb_sat wrong for the BBC FTA Astra satellite. I got it from this post:
But that was for the Astra 19.2 and I think I'm using Astra 28.2.
More information about the mythtv-users