[mythtv-users] Still can't see live TV on PVR250 Pundit in the UK

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 12:25:31 UTC 2004

I would try using the ivtvctl program to tune into a channel and see
if you can do a cat /dev/video0 > test.mpg and actually see video.
(should be in the ivtv docs) If you still get a blank screen, try
going through the mythtv setup program again to set up your video
card.
-Chris

On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 12:15:05 +0100, Greg Cope <gregcope at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> All the talk of WAF is depressing, as my WAF is somewhere near the floor.
>
> Where would a good place to start bebuggin the following problems;
>
> - All I seem to get on any channel whilst watching live tv is a black screen
>
> - When clicking through the menu using the remote the screen blinks,
> but using the keyboard it does not.
>
> Channels are set up and correct listing downloaded an installed I got
> the correct freqid's from:
> bbc.co.uk/reception/tv_transmitters/tv_transmitters.shtml
>
> So what have I done wrong?
>
> xawtv seems to segfault on mt FC2 install.  But I can get static from
> /dev/video0.
>
> I have tried RTFMing but have not seen anything relevant.
>
> Thanks
>
> Greg

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi