[mythtv-users] Re: ALSA NOT compiled in to mythtvfrontend at ATrpms?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Fri Oct 22 09:05:05 UTC 2004

On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 01:19:38AM -0700, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday 21 October 2004 19:39, Brad Fuller wrote:
> > I'm using the mythtv packages ATrpms. I tried to change the audio device
> > from /dev/dsp (oss) to ALSA: and I received an error:
> >
> > Audio output device is set to an ALSA device but ALSA support is not
> > compiled in!
> >
> > I take it that the package from ATrpms DOES NOT have ALSA compiled in.
> > Is that the default? Is the only way for me to have ALSA support is to
> > build mythtv myself? Or is there another package that I can use instead?
> > (I looked on Axel's site and the specs, but couldn't find one.)
> >
> > thanks for the help!
>
> My HDTV system runs Axel's RPMs (well, sort of), and ALSA support is most
> definitely compiled in, has been for several versions now. I'm using
> ALSA:default (or is it ALSA:spdif?) for all sound output to my amp, including
> raw ac3. Could be something specific to the x86_64 packages, I dunno...

ALSA is compiled in all mythtv builds at ATrpms. You can check with
ldd on the executable. But as Jarod wrote, perhaps there is some
x86_64 specific bug in mythtv? The specfile/sources to i386 and x86_64
packaging are the same.

Check with ldd, and whether you have remnants of custom builds under
/usr/local or so. Otherwise try rebuilding myth with alsa support and
see if your build exhibits the same error (no need to fine tune the
build, only check for alsa. If you hit a packging bug, it will be
fixed ASAP ;).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net