[mythtv-users] ALSA NOT compiled in to mythtvfrontend at ATrpms?

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Oct 22 08:19:38 UTC 2004

On Thursday 21 October 2004 19:39, Brad Fuller wrote:
> I'm using the mythtv packages ATrpms. I tried to change the audio device
> from /dev/dsp (oss) to ALSA: and I received an error:
>
> Audio output device is set to an ALSA device but ALSA support is not
> compiled in!
>
> I take it that the package from ATrpms DOES NOT have ALSA compiled in.
> Is that the default? Is the only way for me to have ALSA support is to
> build mythtv myself? Or is there another package that I can use instead?
> (I looked on Axel's site and the specs, but couldn't find one.)
>
> thanks for the help!

My HDTV system runs Axel's RPMs (well, sort of), and ALSA support is most
definitely compiled in, has been for several versions now. I'm using
ALSA:default (or is it ALSA:spdif?) for all sound output to my amp, including
raw ac3. Could be something specific to the x86_64 packages, I dunno...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...