[mythtv-users] Which remote control are you using?

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 18:36:05 UTC 2004

I am using a homebrew serial cable that I made. http://www.lirc.org/
has a list of schematics as well as a few suggestions on ones to buy.
If you can use a soldering iron at all the serial IR reciever is
pretty easy to build. The hardest part is sourcing the actual IR
reciever. The reciever built into the PVR-250/350 is also supported.
-Chris

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 13:44:40 -0400, Jason Slaughter <jason at slaughter.com> wrote:

> >The nice thing about lirc is that you can pretty much use any remote
> >you want. I got a Radio Shack 15-2116 and I set up the basic stuff but
> >soon I will get into the jp1 programming aspect of it to do macros
> >etc...
> >
> I guess I should rephrase my question. What IR *receiver* is everyone
> here using? I actually have about six remotes kicking around my house --
> it might be best to just pick up a decent IR receiver and then choose
> whichever remote fits my MythTV profile best.
>
> But where does one purchase an IR receiver that can work with lirc?

You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi