[mythtv-users] NForce2 PSU and Motherboard Poll

Ryan A. Carris racarris at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 13:48:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:21:35 -0700, Yan-Fa Li <yanfali at best.com> wrote:
> Just a question of personal interest.  Of those of you running an
> NForce2 based myth system that is stable:
>
>         a) how big is your power supply unit ?  What make is it ?

I have an Antec Trupower 300W.

>         b) does your motherboard have the newer separate 12V connector ?
>            What model is it ?

I have a Asus A7N8X-VM/400 (has onboard video) with an Athlon XP2500.
No, the board does not have the newer separate 12V connector.

My system runs very stable and cool.  BUT,  I use the onboard video
and only have a PRV250, BTTV card, and a wireless card in it -- Not
really much demand.  Maybe if I added a newer power-hungry video card
and played video games, I may want a larger power-supply, but 300W is
more than enough for my full-time living room mythbox.  I really
beleive that quality is more important than size.