[mythtv-users] NForce2 PSU and Motherboard Poll

Ben Steeves ben.steeves at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 13:21:39 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:21:35 -0700, Yan-Fa Li <yanfali at best.com> wrote:
> Just a question of personal interest.  Of those of you running an
> NForce2 based myth system that is stable:
>
>         a) how big is your power supply unit ?  What make is it ?

300W, some generic brand.

>         b) does your motherboard have the newer separate 12V connector ?
>            What model is it ?

Shuttle MN31N, with the 12V connector.  The MN31N rocks -- the best
feature is the dualhead built-in video -- the only thing that would
make it better from a Myth perspective is if it had TV out -- but the
dualhead makes up for it.  I can have Myth running on one head and
work on the other.

> The general advice is a 300-350W Power Supply for Athlon XPs.  Is this
> what people are doing ?

That's what I'm using with a 2600+ (Barton) -- it's up 24/7 and it's
stable as a rock.

Ben Steeves                     _                    bcs at metacon.ca
 The ASCII ribbon campaign     ( )            ben.steeves at gmail.com
http://www.metacon.ca/bcs      / \     Yahoo Messenger: ben_steeves