[mythtv-users] Getting VIA graphics to work, or buy a PVR-350?

Christoffer Kj°lbŠk christoffer at kjoelbaek.dk
Thu Oct 21 10:59:21 UTC 2004

ons, 2004-10-20 kl. 13:57 skrev Christopher Flynn:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:17:22 +0200, Christoffer Kj°lbŠk
> <christoffer at kjoelbaek.dk> wrote:
> > My biggest problem is, that I can get the VIA driver working under FC2,
> > with a patched kernel, but then I can't get ivtv to compile.
>
> What kind of problems are you having getting ivtv to compile? If it's
> because you compiled a 2.6 kernel, don't let that discourage you...
> http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=PatchesHowTo
>
> more specifically you should look at:
> http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/ which are Chris Kennedy's patches
> which include (among other things) support for 2.6 kernels as well as
> 2.4. I don't have an epia system so I can't comment on the video
> quality but if you plan on watching other types of video (besides
> mpg2) then I wouldn't recommend the PVR-350. However if this is just
> used for watching recorded tv (that you recorded with the capture
> card) then by all means get the PVR-350.
> -Chris
Nice :)

I just downloaded the latest patched driver to my laptop, get into
./driver and type "make", and the driver compilled just fine.

So, when I get home to my Epia box, can I just do the same and "make
install", and then just use Jarods nice guide, to setup modprobe etc?

Regards, and thanks a lot
Christoffer

--
Email:		christoffer at kjoelbaek.dk