[mythtv-users] Getting VIA graphics to work, or buy a PVR-350?

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 11:57:36 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:17:22 +0200, Christoffer Kjølbæk
<christoffer at kjoelbaek.dk> wrote:
> My biggest problem is, that I can get the VIA driver working under FC2,
> with a patched kernel, but then I can't get ivtv to compile.

What kind of problems are you having getting ivtv to compile? If it's
because you compiled a 2.6 kernel, don't let that discourage you...
http://ivtv.writeme.ch/tiki-index.php?page=PatchesHowTo

more specifically you should look at:
http://67.18.1.101/~ckennedy/ivtv/ which are Chris Kennedy's patches
which include (among other things) support for 2.6 kernels as well as
2.4. I don't have an epia system so I can't comment on the video
quality but if you plan on watching other types of video (besides
mpg2) then I wouldn't recommend the PVR-350. However if this is just
used for watching recorded tv (that you recorded with the capture
card) then by all means get the PVR-350.
-Chris
--
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi