[mythtv-users] 2 short questions.

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 20 20:03:31 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 11:41, sschaefer1 at woh.rr.com wrote:
> I'm running Slackware 10, updated with 2.4.26 kernel, which in turn
> has been patched for V4L2.
>
> I was just hoping to reduce the number of mythbackend
> processes/childs/threads. I don't watch that much TV and I can't see
> why there would need to be that many waiting threads/processes. But
> I'm a novice to databases.

mythbackend is a single (multi-threaded) process.

As for slimming down the number of threads, the only thing I think you
could do is turn off automatic commercial flagging & automatic
transcoding.  Other than that, AFAIK there are no "optional" threads
(at least in the sense that you can't disable them without re-coding
mythbackend).

-JAC