[mythtv-users] Is this normal?

Maarten mythtv at ultratux.org
Wed Oct 20 17:07:37 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 20 October 2004 17:29, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Wednesday 20 October 2004 12:58 am, Bruce Markey wrote:
> > John Goerzen wrote:

Goddamn, you're stubborn !   John, you were wrong.  Just admit it.

> Did you actually read my message?  I did not attempt to present evidence
> that mythfrontend is single-threaded.  I attempted to present evidence
> that there is another possible way to interpret the problem, one that I
> have experienced personally.

You are SO confused (confusing?). The OP asked if "this [behaviour] was
normal". The answer is: YES it is  n o r m a l.  It is normal because myth is
mulithreaded and a kernel 2.4 shows it like this.  End of story.

Regardless whether there may be leftover processes from an earlier crash
adding to that list of processes, the fact remains that even under normal
circumstances one would indeed see those multiple instances in top.

Maarten