[mythtv-users] Question before I buy a PVR350 or 250

Ed Lea ed at orangebits.cx
Wed Oct 20 15:57:33 UTC 2004

On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 08:45:48AM -0700, Kevin dePfyffer wrote:
> Since I'm recording a lot more shows now and know I can spit out working
> DVD's I would like to remove the 5 hour encoding time for a 30min cartoon.
> (currently using TV Wonder VE card)
> Do I have to use nuvexport (DVD) on a show recorded with the PVR 350
> before I put it on a dvd? What about the 250? Are there any other cards
> out there that will allow me to create a playable dvd that will work on a
> standard dvd player without encoding?

I discovered this today:

http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1695

Probably what you're looking for. I'm trying it at the moment - it took
quite a bit of hacking about of paths to get it working. If you're lucky
enough to be using the same paths as the guy who ran it you'll be fine
though

--
Ed.

Life is like an analogy