[mythtv-users] mythtv newcomer.. need help setting up live tv

Evan Burrows eburrows at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 14:18:07 UTC 2004

ok i will give that a shot, I guess i will have to go pick up another
splitter then.  I originally had my one cable input from the wall
going to a 4 output splitter (1 output to cable box, one to cable
modem, and one to my mythbox). Then i connected my cable box to my tv
with a piece of coax. So what you are saying is that the output from
the splitter to my mythbox is nothing wokring because the tuner
doesn't understand the input? But if i go from the splitter to my
cable box and instead of having one output from the cable box output
(that currently goes to the tv) I should put a 2 output splitter off
of the cable box output and then send one to my tv and one to my myth
box?  My reasoning for this was that most likley i would not be need
to watch live tv (with the ability to pause etc) and record and the
same time.  So if i had to record on my pvr-350 i would just switch
over to my normal tv line and just watch regular tv