[mythtv-users] mythtv newcomer.. need help setting up live tv

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 13:41:26 UTC 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:24:49 -0400, Tim Sailer <tps at buoy.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 20, 2004 at 08:43:18AM -0400, Evan Burrows wrote:
> > ok to answer some of the questions.. I have my cable input running to
> > a splitter ( i am too cheap to buy another tuner card.  So one runs to
> > my cable box and the other to my myth box.
>
> Move the splitter to your cablebox output. The tuner doesn't know what to do
> with the digital input.

Are you sure about this? I don't have digital cable now but I did and
I could still run the cable to my tv and get a signal. I didn't get
every channel but I still got most of the channels. I would imagine
that the same would be true with the capture card, no?
-Chris

--
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi