[mythtv-users] DVD how-to for non PVR cards

listman listman at depfyffer.com
Wed Oct 20 02:22:29 UTC 2004

For those of you who have been looking for an easy was to create dvd on
there linux box have a look at DVDStyler. I just loaded it an hour ago
and have already burned a functioning dvd (NTSC) The first round I
created a playable dvd with no menus. The menu I created was non ntsc so
my dvd wouldn't diplay it but the video played fine. You have to click
on the background and select the correct layout ntsc or pal, there is
also an area in the settings menu to select ntsc or pal (I thought if I
set that all would be fine, guess I was wrong) Any how heres the step I
used to create a dvd using a TV Wonder VE capture card.
You should know how to capture already so
nuvexport the file you want on dvd  using the dvd option of course
then run dvdstyler (directions and dependencies are simple)
its that easy, I have not burned the dvd using dvdstyler yet but will be
happy to report if it works when I try it. I created the dvd with k3b
without any problems from the iso dvdstyler created.
BTW I'm running FC2 and was able to get all the dependencies except
netpbm-progs with apt-get (I think a few cam from DAG)