[mythtv-users] No Sound

Irlapati irlapati at verizon.net
Tue Oct 19 23:45:13 UTC 2004

I have installed Mythtv and when watching TV, i do not get any sound
out. I am able get sound if I used tvtime. So I assume that my soundcard
if full duplex, the connections are right and it works. Can anyone help
me figure out what is wrong? Any help is appreciated.

Hardware:
Motherbaord: Chaintech 7NIF2 nforce2
Has onboard sound which I am using.
Tuner Card: TV LEADTEK/DELUXE TV2000XP

Software:
OS: Fedora Core 2
Mythtv version: 0.16
Sound driver: alsa. It works. I used the asound.conf from
http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/DigitalSoundHowTo
It works, I have tested it using xmms and mplayer and can have a few of
those sessions playing together. I used mixed-analog device.