[mythtv-users] pcHDTV support for normal TV over PVR-350

Robin Smith 1canuck2 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 18:32:53 UTC 2004

I get about 1.8GB per hour. I have my settings up higher than default
as well. I think 256kbps for audio and 3800 for video.

I'd be curious about the pcHDTV question as well. I want to order
HiDef staellite and would like t capture shows at the closest to HiDef
res as possible. As I understand it, the PVR-250/350 will capture at a
max res of 720x480, which is obviously way below HiDef. If the pcHDTV
card is capable of gett DOA content and displaying it at HiDef
resolutions, would it support something similar from a Video In port?

Robin

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 23:57:37 -0400, Matthew Gleed <mgleed at gleed.us> wrote:
> I get about 2.4GB per hour.  I have my bit rate turned up a bit higher than
> default.
>
> -mgleed
>
> Anando Bhattacharya wrote:
>

> Hello,
I was wondering if I could use a pcHDTV card with cable tv ( I
> don't
have a cable box )? I don't mind using the PVR-350, but I
> wouldn't
mind supportign the pcHDTV who have made a prodcut that is fully
> Linux
compatiable. I would like to know what you guys think.
Thanks

PS I
> was wondering how much 1 hour of "myth-tv' encoded video and
audio is. I am
> not talking about mpeg-4 ( Xvid or Divx etc ...) but
the usual ones that
> people use.

mythtv-users mailing
mythtv-users at mythtv.org