[mythtv-users] Xine Mplayer Fullscreen Lirc

MacNean C. Tyrrell dardack at nycap.rr.com
Mon Oct 18 21:11:04 UTC 2004

Ok got a few questions.  Don't know if this is right mailing list, but
it is through mythtv i use xine and mplayer.

First off when mplayer and xine play, they play at full screen, but the
fullscreen doesn't take up the full screen on my tv.  When i watch tv it
does.
It's almost like mplayer and xine play in a widescreen format.  At the
top and bottom there is a black line.  it's full screen right and left.
So when I watch a widescreen movie, either one i made in xvid format (i
like it like that, i don't crop or resize, so shoot me).  It sucks cause
it's like widescreen twice.  Not very pretty.

Second lirc works fine with xine, but with mplayer volume up and down
work, pause, osd and quit work.  However seek does not.  I pust seek +/-
whatever and it doesn't fastforward or rewind.  I even change the
buttons that are increasing volume to seek, because obviously mplayer
can recognize that button since it changes the volume, but as soon as i
put seek +60 nothing happens.  Any ideas?

I downloaded the new mplayer pre1.05 or whatever the newest is,  because
i was using 0.92.  Thought that would fix it but it's not.

Any help would be appreciated.

-MacNean C. Tyrrell