[mythtv-users] Remote Not working In Mythtv

Wayne Steenburg w.steenburg at myactv.net
Sun Oct 17 15:36:22 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 11:03, David Phillips wrote:
> Good Mornig All,
>
> My Setup is as follows. I have a 1.8 processor. 256
> Meg of ram, WinTV GO Tuner capture card with the Black
> remote. Using Mythtv 0.16 and FC2. All is working well
> except the remote in Mythtv. I can see the output when
> I open a terminal and input "IRW" The remote is
> working fine in that area. I placed the approiate
> lircrc file in the mythtv/home directory.
>
> Question one is do I need another file in the
> Mythtv/home directory for it to work?
> Question two is do I need to do anything to the lircrc
> file for it to work in Mythtv if it is the standard
> remote.
>
> I want to use another remote, but at this time I just
> want it to work with the Hauppauge remote until I feel
> comfortable messing with the lircrc file. I have been
> working on this for sometime now and I have baby
> steped through the problems I have had. I feel I am
> very close right now.
>
> Thanks in Advance.

Hi David, since running irw gives you output when you use the remote
that tells me that you have a /etc/lircd.conf in place.  The lircrc file
belongs in /home/mythtv/.mythtv .  If you just have it in your home
directory I don't believe myth will find it.  If lircrc is in it's
proper place, then make sure the button names are exactly the same in
both files.  I hope this gives you a good start, otherwise post again
with more info.

Wayne Steenburg