[mythtv-users] Remote Not working In Mythtv

David Phillips hockoham at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 17 15:03:14 UTC 2004

Good Mornig All,

My Setup is as follows. I have a 1.8 processor. 256
Meg of ram, WinTV GO Tuner capture card with the Black
remote. Using Mythtv 0.16 and FC2. All is working well
except the remote in Mythtv. I can see the output when
I open a terminal and input "IRW" The remote is
working fine in that area. I placed the approiate
lircrc file in the mythtv/home directory.

Question one is do I need another file in the
Mythtv/home directory for it to work?

Question two is do I need to do anything to the lircrc
file for it to work in Mythtv if it is the standard
remote.

I want to use another remote, but at this time I just
want it to work with the Hauppauge remote until I feel
comfortable messing with the lircrc file. I have been
working on this for sometime now and I have baby
steped through the problems I have had. I feel I am
very close right now.

Thanks in Advance.