[mythtv-users] ATI remote with FC2 / mythtv 0.16 after Jarod's guide

Mercury Morris mercury.morris at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 14:36:53 UTC 2004

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:13:22 -0400, David George <david at thegeorges.us> wrote:
> Mercury Morris wrote:
>
> >Thanks for pointing out what I should have found by
> >trying a   locate ati_remote !!  I just didn't think that
> >the ATI remote would merit inclusion in the kernel.
> >
> >Thanks for all the instructions and for the patch.
> >I downloaded the patch from where it was attached
> >to the mail in Gmail.  But I can't read it.  It appears to
> >be a binary file when I try using   less   on it.
> >

> Gmail must have butchered it.  I just looked and it is a text/plain
> attachment.
>
> >I get the feeling that the fact that I can't read it is probably
> >like my not thinking to use locate for the built-in support.
> >But, just in case it's a Gmail quirk, you might want to
> >consider an alternate/backup method for making the patch
> >accessible.
> >

> You can download it from my website
> http://thegeorges.us/mythtv/ati_2681.patch .
>
> >I do understand how to make the replacement module,
> >it's just that it seems reasonable that I should be able to
> >read the patch before applying it.

Thanks for the alternate path to the ati_2681.patch.

Once again, it turns out to be User Error on my part.
If I had just trusted Gmail and Left-clicked the attachment,
it would have popped up in a separate browser window.
To verify that Gmail's version and the alternate you provided
are the same, I downloaded both.  They are identical.

I'll try my hand at applying the patch on a companion
machine first.  Since I'm so good at the User Error game,
it just seems like the right thing to do, to avoid hosing up
the running-fairly-well mythtv machine.

After that, I'll have to actually BUY an ATI REMOTE WONDER.
The little grey remote that came with the PVR-350 is nice, but too
small.  My dog could eat that thing and I'd be pulling cushions up
for days.