[mythtv-users] Can't select items in frontend menus

Allan Stirling Dibblahmythml0015 at pendor.org
Sun Oct 17 00:03:13 UTC 2004

Matthew Gleed wrote:
> I've had this ongoing problem with my frontend popup menus.  The typical
> places I have this problem is in the popup menus Ie. deleting a recorded
> show or any of the menus within setup.  In the delete recording example
> , when the option to keep, delete, or delete and allow re-record pops up
> there is no selector with which to select my menu choice.  None of the
> options are highlighted and selectable and I cannot move between
> selections.  In order to be able to start selecting the menu items again
> I usually have to restart the frontend after which the pop up menu will
> usually only come up correctly once before it wigs out again.  This is
> really driving me nutz and any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Here is my system setup:  I'm running a current CVS snapshot as of today
> and have had this problem for some time through many CVS updates.  I'm
> using a PVR350 for TV Output with ivtv-0.2.0-rc1g.

I see this as well. It only happens using internal lirc support. It has
been reported before on the list, with nothing but befuddlement as to a
cause. Some window managers are affected, others are not.

I have:
TWM as a window manager
QT 3.2.1
XFree86 Version 4.3.0.1

I've been seeing this problem since sometime after the .15 release.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/86281?search_string=focus;#86281

Only happens after the frontend has spawned something external.

Cheers,

Allan.