[mythtv-users] make a copy of .nuv as .mpg

Matt Hannan matthew.j.hannan at verizon.net
Sat Oct 16 16:47:48 UTC 2004

OK, I am starting to freak out.
I have a PVR-350, so I want to copy my recorded shows (.nuv) to .mpg so
that I can watch the shows from a Windows client on the network.

Sounds easy, right? Oh how I wish!

I guess I am just being greedy, but I do not want to mv or rename the
files, I just want to make a new copy of them with the .mpg extension
and place them in an already Samba shared directory.

I tried
cp /storage/TV/recording/*.nuv /storage/Videos/*.mpg
and I am getting this error message:

cp: `/storage/Videos/*.mpg': specified destination directory does not exist

But /storage/Videos DOES exist!!!

I know that this has to be a wicked easy thing to do, but I am having a
really rough time of it...and I am even embarrassed to be asking the
question, as I have 3+ years experience with Linux.
Is it the wildcard * that is screwing me up here?

The ultimate goal is to drop the statement into a cron job and have it
execute in the early morning hours.
I will then have the ability to watch/manage the recordings thru MythTV
(as .nuv files) or watch/manage them out on the network as .mpg.

Please help.