[mythtv-users] newbie questions

pranab pranab at willers.employees.org
Sat Oct 16 15:22:33 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I have a few quick and naive questions before I delve into building myself a
mythtv box.

If I pre-program a mythtv box to record something on a particular channel how
does it switch channels on a cable reciever or a dish tv receiver ? Does this
work for digital cable ?

To view the recorded files on my tv, do I need a tv tuner card with a TV-out
(like the PVR-350) or are there other better (quality) options ?

Do I need more than one tv tuner card if I want watch something and record
something else ? Is this even possible ? Do I need multiple cable receivers (or
dish tv receivers) too ?

What about for sound ? The only thing I am familiar with is spliting the
headphone output (using this cable I got from Radioshack) into the
Red/White composite inputs to my receiver. Are there other better options
?

TIA,
Pranab