[mythtv-users] Support for mono sound in nuvexport?

Niklas Brunlid nbr at ticalc.org
Sat Oct 16 15:00:10 UTC 2004

How hard would it be to add support for mono sound (possibly auto-detected
from the MPEG2 stream) to nuvexport? I remember trying it myself a couple
of months back, but one encoder (divx or xvid) choked and told me it was
going to take forever to finish, and the other produced sound that played
at double speed (IIRC).

I have several channels that broadcast sound in mono (ComHem, my cable
provider, is really bright - they broadcast MTV in mono... =)  ), and I
frequently nuvexport my recordings to play on my Zaurus where 96 is the
lowest acceptable bitrate for audio when using stereo, but 48 or 56 works
great for mono.

Also, is the nuvexport sound VBR nowadays?

/ Niklas