[mythtv-users] Stereo sound with PVR-250

Mats Cedergren mats.cedergren at 5d.se
Fri Oct 15 21:28:48 UTC 2004

I'm recordning from the Tuner. I have tried the same card in WindowsXP (the
same computer, dual boot setup) and there the card works perfectly and I get
stereo sound from all channels that transmit in stereo.

I have not tried the recordning on another computer yet, will try that
tomorrow, but I don't think that it will make any difference. When I play
music or other movies (.avi, .mpg, dvd etc) i get stereo sound.

When I play a video captured with "cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/test.mpg" using
mplayer "mplayer /tmp/test.mpg" it reports that the file have two channel
sound but I can hear that the sound is not in stereo.

/Mats