[mythtv-users] native lirc support fails- "connection refused"

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Fri Oct 15 14:23:32 UTC 2004

Dana Hata wrote:

>That link didn't really say much about permissions, but here is what
>I've been using -->
>

>crwxrwxrwx  1 root root 61, 0 Oct 14 22:53 /dev/lirc0
>lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root     5 Oct 14 23:26 /dev/lircd -> lirc0
>
>I set the mode to 777 manually on /dev/lirc0

It did in the it needs a chmod to set permissions.  btw, please try not
to top-post in replies here.

But either way, something isn't right about that.  Where is your
/dev/lirc device?  On my system I have:

crw-rw-rw-    1 root     root      61,   0 May 24 23:52 /dev/lirc
srw-rw-rw-    1 root     root            0 Sep 30 13:37 /dev/lircd

With no symbolic link between the two.  One is the server port and one
is the port the client reads from.  I think you have messed up those and
need to fix that.

Kevin