[mythtv-users] How does the frontend connect to a remote backend

Christopher Flynn flynnguy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 17:35:18 UTC 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 10:03:03 -0700, Taco Shell <tacoshell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to understand a couple of things about how mythtv works.
> I'm not a coder, so looking at the code doesn't answer any questions
> for me.  Do they connect vi HTTP?  Are you guys using multicast?  Any
> amount of detail will be welcomed, including more documentation that I
> may have overlooked.

What aspect of mythtv are you specifically refering to? To get the tv
listings they connect over the web but the actual TV content is
captured from your cable/satellite/OTA whatever signal via a tv
capture card.

Then you can also run a frontend and a backend where the backend has
the tv capture cards and the frontend grabs that over ethernet.

--
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. - Gandhi