[mythtv-users] Cant watch live tv

RYM002 at netscape.net RYM002 at netscape.net
Thu Oct 14 16:40:54 UTC 2004

After watching tv for 10 - 20 minutes the backend reports "Couldn't read data from the capture card in 15 seconds.  Game over, man.". In my log (/var/log/messages) it reports "kernel: ivtv: ivtv_enc_timeout: Running encoder tasklet...". I am able to record and watch the recordings without any issue. If I watch a recording in progress the recording stops, the file size stops growing and I have to restart the backend. I ran a test to see if the ivtv driver is having a problem by running "mplayer /dev/video0" on the backend, this produced video of live tv from the card. I left it running overnight and received no errors (about 10 hours). Based on that test the ivtv driver is working properly.

My system
FC2 upgraded from FC1 via apt.
pvr250 using ivtv rpms kernel-module-ivtv-2.6.8-1.521-0.1.10-48.1_pre2_ck100zz.rhfc2.at
640 MB ram
P4 1.3GHZ
Xbox - Xebian 1.0.3

Any sugestions/comments would be great. BTW I had the same problem with FC1.

Thanks in advance

Switch to Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.