[mythtv-users] Deleting Recordings does not release Disk Space

Brian May bam at snoopy.apana.org.au
Thu Oct 14 03:40:49 UTC 2004

    Donavan> It probably would be a major bug except that it's not
    Donavan> happening to most of the users.  In fact I think you're
    Donavan> either the only person to have ever mentioned it, or the
    Donavan> second.

I have observed the same behavior too. I wasn't going to mention it,
because I had already seen it was a known bug. Just because only a few
people mention it doesn't mean that only a few people are getting
effected by it.

However, you don't need to reboot, only restart the back end. Yes,
this is a problem if something is recording, but not as serious as a
complete reboot.

I have a suspicion that it is the recorder is not closing files, so if
you delete files that were recorded before the last reboot, it will
work fine.
--
Brian May <bam at snoopy.apana.org.au>