[mythtv-users] HDTV on Myth -- is it a "myth?"

Anthony Vito anthony.vito at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 19:58:19 UTC 2004

Jarod Wrote:
> here (48), and also works fine at 50. ABC, CBS, WB and PBS all come in around
> 60-70, no problems with any of them.

 No WB here :'(  All I want to watch is gilmore girls! ( yes, my only
source of content is OTA digital, no cable, no NTSC. )

> Are you running a straight-up pcHDTV 1.3 driver, or are you using the 1.4ulmo
> patches also?

 I have to give credit where credit is due. I use the 2.6.7 patch and
videodev.h found here.

http://www.nop.org/inkling/dtv/

 This is where I read the LED status being in the driver. He patched
it to be feed out with the signal strength. Then his pchdtvr program
picks it up. Nice program BTW. He claims he doesn't use Myth, oh well.
I patched this against the 2.6.7 kernel and have had great success....
No sure it really differs much from the 2.6.6 patch on pchdtv.com
functionally, ( diff between them spits out a lot )

 I have not looked at the 1.4Ulmo patches. I wasn't aware they existed
yet. I'll put it on my super long TODO list.

--
Anthony Vito
anthony.vito at gmail.com