[mythtv-users] DVD rip : Ripping the wrong audio track

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Mon Oct 11 19:48:52 UTC 2004

After trying for a few hours to get MythDVD to rip a DVD correctly I'm
going to ask around to see if anyone else has some ideas.  I've ripped
most of my DVD collection but there are a few DVD's that it always rips
the wrong audio channel (ie, it saves the audio commentary track, not
the normal audio track for the movie).  I've tried enable/disabling AC3,
changing between various audio tracks on the DVD etc.  MPlayer
plays/views the tracks correctly but transcode will never do anything
except rip the commentary (ie, 50 first dates, finding nemo, are two
examples).  I've poked around and can see the transcode command being
logged is the same regardless of which audio track I select.  I'm
running debian testing and the latest cvs and transcode availible.

Thoughts, ideas?

--Brandon