[mythtv-users] Need some help recovering from a filesystem crash

Tom Walsh tom at openhardware.net
Sun Oct 10 04:56:03 UTC 2004

nowhere wrote:

>Hey everyone,
>
>Unfortunately I was unable to recover my root partition from a crash I
>had. Luckily tho, all the hardware seems to be ok at the moment.
>
>So, I have reinstalled with FC2 (needed to do this anyway) and I was
>able to recover my /video partition so I have all the recordings. I am
>hoping the following exists:
>1. A source I can reverse lookup the chanid,starttime to get the show
>title and subtitle
>2. A script already written to ls, lookup, and insert back into the db.
>
>I'm quite sure I am nuts to think that this exists but worth a try
>anyway.
>
>In the likely case there is no script does anyone know how/where I can
>do the reverse lookup?  If I can get this info the script I can write...
>
>Thanks!
>Eric

I don't know about a script, but, the name of the file is formed from:
channel, date+time start, date+time end.  For example:

1061_20040801120000_20040801141500.nuv

is channel 61, Sept 1, 2004 12:00 start, Sept 1, 2004 14:15 end.

As for the database insertion, I would suggest that you record a show
and then export it via nuvexport.pl to see what the MySQL entries are.

TomW