[mythtv-users] Lirc + Haupauge Gray Remote

Pete Cable petercable at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 02:21:31 UTC 2004

hmmm....I am running udev on gentoo and lirc is working great here. A
couple things I noticed.

* I don't think you need any of those options lines for ivtv any
longer. While I don't think they should affect lirc, I would try
removing them just to be sure. My /etc/modules.d/ivtv looks like this:

alias char-major-61 lirc_i2c
add above ivtv lirc_dev lirc_i2c

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
options ivtv ivtv_std=1

I set the ivtv_std=1 option to force my card to NTSC to set the
correct framespergop. It seemed to work OK prior to this change, but I
made it anyway.

* irw should work ok. I'm not sure why it's not working for you. You
might try forcing it to use /dev/lircd

# irw /dev/lircd

* the manpage for mode2 says it doesn't work for tv tuner cards

* I get the same error with irrecord as you are reporting. Try:

#  irrecord -d /dev/lircd test.out

this works fine on my machine where irrecord test.out fails.

Hope this helps,

Pete