[mythtv-users] Re: Transcoded file not playing back on PVR-350 out

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sun Oct 10 00:16:21 UTC 2004

On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 04:41:28PM -0700, Jesse Adelman wrote:

> OK, so I read that thread. So, for the record, since these questions
> aren't directly addressed in that thread, I'll help the list by
> answering the question:
> Q: "I remember back in the .15 days that there was some talk about
> adding the ability to cut commercials with a mpeg2-->mpeg2
> transcode. Did that ability ever make it into this release?"
> A: No. Not without changing the sourcecode yourself.

Read it again.

You don't have to change any source code.

You can either change the source code _or_ type in a mySQL

I'm better at gcc than I am at mySQL, so the way _I_ did it was
by adding a line of source code.  You don't have to do that if
you prefer to type in an SQL command to set the transcode
output format to MPEG2.