[mythtv-users] OT: Abit NF7-S v2 questions

Andrew Kreps andrew.kreps at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 23:51:23 UTC 2004

On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 19:20:41 -0400, Matt Hannan
<matthew.j.hannan at verizon.net> wrote:

> Anyway, can anyone speak to the ease or difficulty in installing a SATA
> drive in this system under FC2?

I have installed FC2 (and FC3 T2) on my SATA-only system, and had no
problems whatsoever.  The only issue I've run into is trying to boot
from the SATA drive when there is another boot partition on my old IDE
drive.  No matter what setting I chose in the BIOS, it would not boot
SATA before IDE.  That is on my Soyo Dragon motherboard.  If you're
simply slaving the SATA drive, I can't see how that issue would affect
you.  Good luck, and enjoy the stubby cable.  :)