[mythtv-users] Channels that don't broadcast all the time; DVB-T radio channels.

Rob Willett rob.mythtv at robertwillett.com
Fri Oct 8 14:12:59 UTC 2004

Greg,

I never found a solution to this.

The only kludge I cam up with was a crontab entry that modified the database
depending on the time of day. Ugly, naff and crap and abandoned as the shite
idea it was.

I think the problem is that MythTV assumes too much, i.e. a station is available
and it has a video PID. One of my main reasons for going to Freeview was the BBC
Radio 7, MythTV is not the best answer to the radio problem. I'm currently
checking out Showshifter as the support for Radio is far better.

all the best,

Rob.