[mythtv-users] Transcoding recordings

KvB altijdweerdieautodrop at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 6 16:02:39 UTC 2004

Hi there,

I still can't figure out this transcoding thing. One moment when I set "Start transcoding" it doesn't do anything at all, the other it works like a charm. Now, I changed the recording profiles for transcoders and set all to 720*576 since all my recordings have that resolution (PAL). When I started transcoding a friends episode yesterday, I discovered that by the time I woke up this morning, this recording was 9Gb large (!) for 25 minutes! Could anyone explain this? Or is there somewhere a decent manual / HOWTO for transcoding? Thanks!

Kees.