[mythtv-users] Re: Matrox G550 TV output

Shaun Jackman sjackman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 15:40:10 UTC 2004

Hello, I thought I'd write you a follow-up e-mail. It turns out my
problem with live TV was actually a hard-drive throughput problem.
UDMA wasn't enabled with my nForce mother-board so I wasn't able to
both write and read a video stream from/to the disk at the same time.
So, live TV works fine with the G550 TV out. Still no Xv,
unfortunately, but I believe AGP and DRM work, so the performance is
fairly good.

Cheers,
Shaun