[mythtv-users] Changing channel hangs with Nova-T DVB-T

Ciaran ciaranj at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 12:45:04 UTC 2004

That would be very very nice :)  Much nicer that me adding a 'is
broadcasting' tytpe flag, which was my current 'plan'.  but that
wouldn't help ignore those inadvertant schedules on the wrong
channels..but how often is that likely to be anissue ? :)
-ciaran

On Wed, 6 Oct 2004 12:05:03 +0100, Phil Blundell <pb at nexus.co.uk> wrote:
> Ah, cool.  I was thinking about that this morning as well.
>
> I think it should be possible to detect the "channel not broadcasting"
> condition directly, rather than requiring advance knowledge of the hours when
> it's on the air.  Once the backend sees tuner lock, the demultiplexed data
> should start arriving almost immediately if it's going to.  If nothing has
> turned up within a second or two, it's either not broadcasting or the PIDs are
> configured wrong.
>
> It might also be interesting to have the backend consult the PMT data from the
> broadcast stream to find PID values for channels that don't have them
> configured yet.  That'd avoid the need to scan for channels at different times
> of day in order to capture them all.
>
> p.
>

> on Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 06:26:36AM +0100, Ciaran wrote:
> > I'm hoping to write a patch next week that flags a channel as
> > 'broadcasting' between certain hours, so the channel will be skipped/a
> > popup displayed if its switched to outside of this time...its
> > certainly a pain when you're channel hopping to land on oneo f these
> > ;)
> > - ciaran

- Ciaran
http://www.wombatinvasion.com/ (Share the love)