[mythtv-users] Commercial Skip

John Madill jmadill at joyousnoise.com
Wed Oct 6 03:59:53 UTC 2004

Thank you, James!

Too bad I didn't start this thread last week, before I completely
re-built my myth box.  I would have had more time to enjoy Myth, as
opposed to have to work on it.

As a simple matter of fact, just before I read your response, my newly
built myth box started the same exact behavior it did last week which
prompted me to rebuild it.  Symptoms are massive thrashing of the disk
drives and no available processor time to view existing recordings.
The appearance of errors connecting to the backend also were
symptomatic.

It would appear my problems are compounded by the presence of 2 capture
cards creating more recordings for the commercial flagging thread(s) to
flag.

I certainly hope that this issue is being addressed, because commercial
skip is a valuable feature.  It would be nice to hear the status of
this when whomever is responsible is able to address it, and hopefully
an interim release.  As an aside, I had previously been using CVS, but
for these two builds I opted to move to the presumed "more stable" 0.16
release to eliminate potential problems.

That being said, it did give me the opportunity to build an additional
system to test with, as well as being able to completely rebuild and
update my pre-existing system, so all is not lost.

Also, I greatly appreciate this project and the efforts of everyone
that has contributed to it's development, so thank you to everyone!

-jm